Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a recipe for one of my favorite plant-based drinks: almond milk.
We all know how harmful raw lactose is, but a diet without cow’s milk is not always easy, especially when you have been consuming flakes filled with cold milk every day for many years. Fortunately, over time it turns out that there are plenty of delicious plant-based alternatives! They are just as easy to buy and taste as good as traditional drinks.
One of the healthiest is almond milk, which is not only tasty and healthy, but also has the most neutral taste, is suitable for cooking and is not weighing in coffee. However, not everyone knows how easy it is to make them at home and for much less money than a ready-made drink from the store. Check out my simple almond milk recipe.
Recipe for vegetable almond milk
- 4 cups of cold, boiled water
- 1 cup (pre-soaked) almonds
- salt, sweeten, vanilla, etc.
Time required: 20 min ..
Preparation of almond milk:
- Almonds should be soaked in a glass of water beforehand.This is best done at night and the drink done in the morning to keep it fresh and delicious with the coffee.
- Then, strain the water in a sieve, rinse and pour the ingredients into a tall blender.You can also add a little salt and sweetener to taste. Blend the almond milk for a few minutes at the normal speed and then for a few seconds at high speed.
- Pour the milk through the gauze / thick strainer into the vessel, squeeze out the remains.Pour it into a container and keep it for a few days (soon) in the refrigerator.
The recipe gives about 800 ml of almond milk, which has a medium density. Of course, you can add less water or make almond cream.
What is left, i.e. the almond mass, works well as an addition to almond or nut butter, and after drying – for desserts. It is used as a
thickener for soups and sauces, for pate and bread.
Similar: “Raspberry Summer” slimming cocktail
It looks delicious, isn’t it? Enjoy your meal!