Hey guys! Today I have a recipe for you for a DIY soy flour hair shampoo with many additives. Thus, I go back to the posts about natural hair care, no poo and no waste.
The most popular of the no poo method is plain rye flour, such as for white borscht. It is extremely cheap and easily available, so it is definitely worth trying to use it in a recipe. Recently, I gave you a basic shampoo recipe that is good for beginners to try. Today I have a slightly more complex DIY shampoo recipe for you, because we have soy flour, yellow clay, soy flour, honey, olive oil and Shikakai here. However, making shampoo is also very easy, and I am telling you the secret of how to best wash your hair with such shampoo. It is a great method that will work well with oily hair, but also, for example, during travel, when we do not have how or do not want to buy a bottle of shampoo. The flour will easily wash your head, and it will have a great impact on the health of your hair. If you are curious
Diy hair shampoo with yellow clay, soy flour, honey and Shikakai | well poo
- two tablespoons of soy flour (can also be rye, chestnut, etc. or a mixture)
- a glass of Helichrysum and green tea infusion
- a teaspoon of Multani Mati yellow clay (can be different)
- teaspoon of Shikakai
- half a teaspoon of ground fenugreek or linseed knotweed
- a little honey, a drop of olive oil
Time required: 17 min ..
- Preparation.We put the herbal decoction to a stretch and wait for it to cool down. We prepare the ingredients.
- Mixing.The shampoo is best made in a blender or screw cap jar. Pour in flour and herbs, pour warm, but not hot water or decoction. We mix well, we can help ourselves with a mixer, spoon and / or vigorously shaking the jar.
- Accessories.We add honey, oils, extracts, clays and other additives, mix again.
- Putting down.Then put the shampoo aside for at least 10 minutes before washing, so that the flour “lets go” and mucus forms. It will be easier to wash and easier to use. Finished!
Notes: DIY hair shampoo
Shikakai and fenugreek are great additions to shampoo, not only do they foam well, but also thicken the mixture and help nourish the hair and accelerate its growth.
It is good to leave the shampoo for a longer time before washing, then it creates a mucous, slimy consistency and it is even better to wash your hair with it!
How to wash your hair with flour?
We bend our head over the bathtub and soak our hair with warm water. Then we shake the jar and pour the shampoo from the jar over the head, we can help ourselves with our hands. We divide the portion into two washes, one may not be enough. Apply the shampoo only to the scalp. We cover all parts of the scalp and massage carefully but gently, then run the shampoo down the hair with your fingers. We rinse everything. Then we repeat washing the hair. We nourish the hair as usual.
Soon I will add more recipes for shampoo from other flours and herbs.
Are you curious? Have you heard about hair washing like this?