Hey loved ones! Today I have for you an article from the natural care series, i.e. walnut hair dye: slate rinse and paste. These are home and natural eco and no waste hair dyeing methods using walnut – rinse, liquid, ground slate, which we can use instead of expensive and harmful chemicals, for the good of our skin and the environment. Please read my short post!
Dyeing your hair with walnut is a natural and ecological way to obtain different shades of brown. Walnut contains natural dyes that can be used to dye hair. Dry fresh green walnut leaves, green shale or dry leaves after eating nuts are suitable for rinsing.
Here are recipes for homemade walnut hair dyes:
Walnut slate paint:
1. Grind nut shells :
- Crush the nuts to obtain finely ground shales. You can use a mortar and pestle or a food processor. The finer you grind the nuts, the better the results will be.
2. Prepare the cooking liquid:
- Add water to the pot and add the ground walnuts. Use three parts water for one part nuts.
3. Cook nuts:
- Cook the nuts over low heat for about 30-45 minutes. You should get a dark brown liquid.
4. Wait and strain:
- Once cooked, strain the liquid into another container, leaving the ground nuts. Apply to your hair like henna paste, wrap in foil and a shower cap for at least 2 hours in a warm place, then rinse well with cold water.
- You can use the strained liquid as a hair rinse. After washing your hair, pour the liquid onto your hair, massage it for a few minutes, and then rinse it off. This will help enhance the brown shade and add shine to your hair.
- Dry and fresh walnut leaves, as well as green shales or dry ones after eating nuts, are also suitable for rinsing.
Walnut hair dye liquid:
- Leave the strained liquid on the heat and continue to simmer to thicken. Once cooled, it can be used as a hair dye. Apply the liquid to damp hair, spreading it thoroughly. Wrap your hair in foil or cover it with a shower cap and leave it for a few hours or overnight. Then rinse thoroughly and wash your hair with shampoo.
To sum up:
Walnut hair dyes: recipes and how to use? This natural way of dyeing hair is more gentle than commercial hair dyes, but can produce beautiful shades of brown. Please note that effects may vary depending on your hair type and exposure time. It is worth testing on a small section of hair before the full treatment to assess the final color.