Hi, folks! Today I have another recipe for you for delicious sweets: rhubarb and yoghurt cake. It is my favorite spring delicacy, which I associate with holidays at my grandmother’s in the countryside. Such a warm and delicious cake will surely bring a smile to many faces.
Perfect for afternoon coffee and for dessert to work or school. It is also a quick solution when we have unannounced guests. After all, they are made very quickly! I have never liked rhubarb, it is so sour, and I have never loved compotes with it and other fruits. But the cake is delicious, because it is the perfect proportion between the slightly sour and sweet taste that is associated with childhood. I have several species of this plant on my plot, so I will definitely try more than one recipe for sweets with rhubarb. If you know a good recipe, be sure to let me know in the comments under the post.
They can be prepared in two ways, both from shortcrust and yeast dough. The first solution, however, is much faster. We only need a few to prepare the dough and a moment for baking. We can bake them not only with rhubarb, but with strawberries and currants, gooseberries or any other fruit, fresh or compote, and even make a vegan version of this specialty with a crumble topping. I’ve baked them a few times and it always turned out delicious. I can’t imagine spring without this cake anymore. It is soft, fragrant, moist, and at the same time so easy to make. The family members will surely eat a tasty dessert with taste. Will you be tempted by my healthy rhubarb pie? I invite you to the recipe!
Rhubarb quick cake recipe how to make
- 180 ml of natural yoghurt, Greek, etc.
- 500 g of fine wheat flour
- 500 g of rhubarb
- 250 g sugar / sweetener
- 3 medium eggs
- 250 ml of oil
- sugar / vanilla oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
Rhubarb Cake Recipe:
Time required: 1 hour ..
A quick rhubarb pie
- Preparation of rhubarb.Let’s start with how to prepare rhubarb for shortbread? We choose only healthy and red stems. Cut their ends, but do not peel them. Wash and dry them thoroughly, and cut the stems about 1 cm thick.
- Preparation of the sheet.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line the baking tray thoroughly with baking paper.
- Mixing ingredients.Yogurt, eggs and oil should be at room temperature. Pour the ingredients one by one into the bowl, and finally add the eggs to it. Stir with a spoon until the ingredients combine well. The mass should be slightly dense and compact, without lumps.
- We pour out.Pour the ready mass onto the baking tray. Place the rhubarb on the very top – we can make a pattern in circles or spread the pieces next to each other. Bake for about 40 minutes at 180 C. After it is slightly cooled, sprinkle it with sugar.
The cake tastes best fresh, warm, served with coffee and lightly dipped in powdered sugar, almonds or cinnamon sugar.
We can bake them not only with rhubarb, but with any fruit – fresh or compote, and even make a vegan version of this specialty with crumble.
Will you be tempted? Enjoy your meal!