Hi, folks! I come to you today with another post about DIY cosmetics, this time it will be a face mask with active carbon. It is a cleansing and detoxifying mask based on activated carbon, which will take care of our skin in a cheap way, especially tired after winter, lack of sun and apartment heating.
Such a DIY mask is very cheap and easy to make, you just need to mix all the ingredients and you can apply it to the face moistened with the hydrolate. The idea for this particular mask came to my mind by accident, while making toothpaste. The recipe for it is already here! I like it very much and I always keep a supply of activated carbon in my kitchen cupboard. It is available at any pharmacy for little money, in capsules or in the form of crushing tablets. We associate this drug with first aid in any food poisoning and problems with the stomach or intestines. However, its cosmetic properties are becoming more and more popular. You probably associate store shelves in drugstores full of this type of products with carbon, and DIY preparations based on it are so cheap and easy to make.
You can put such a mask only on the face or even the whole body or make a peeling of it. A carbon mask will cleanse the pores, remove excess sebum and blackheads, and detoxify the skin of impurities. The charcoal detoxifying and cleansing face mask was also perfect for me! After washing it off, the skin was soothed and moisturized, and my mood definitely improved. If you are interested in this mask, I invite you to my quick recipe.
Cosmetic properties of activated carbon
Carbon is an ingredient often used in natural cosmetics thanks to its adsorption and detoxification properties. It is loose in its structure and therefore it is easy to molecules of other chemicals, such as toxins. Coal has excellent detoxifying properties, e.g. from heavy metals. That is why it will perfectly cleanse our skin of all impurities and imperfections. Charcoal quickly and effectively cleans pores, removes blackheads and minor skin discolorations. It is often used to assist in the treatment of acne, hence the entire line of cosmetics for teenagers with the addition of activated charcoal.
DIY face mask with activated carbon – recipe:
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- 4 capsules / tablets of activated carbon from the pharmacy
- 2 drops of tea tree oil and / or Tamanu oil
- container / bowl
Time required: 5 min ..
- We prepare tablets.Crush the charcoal tablets with a teaspoon, you can also grind them in a coffee grinder or grind them in a blender. Sometimes you can find crushed coal capsules on sale, which are more expensive but more convenient to use. We open these and pour out the contents.
- Mixing.We mix the ingredients in the proportion of approx. 3 carbon capsules per teaspoon of yogurt. The paste should be quite thick. Add 2 drops of essential oil / oil to the entire final product and it’s ready!
- We put it on clean skin of the face.Wash off after about 20 minutes, depending on the type of skin, if you are struggling with blackheads or acne, you can keep it for up to 30 minutes, just moisten with water so that it does not dry out.
Related: Homemade Avocado Face Mask
In case of burning or other symptoms, wash off the DIY mask immediately with cold water.
It is best to use after facial peeling, and after such treatment, apply serum and / cream.
The mask can also be used on the whole body from time to time or added to a bath or peeling – it will perfectly cleanse our skin of all toxins and impurities.
We keep the homemade mask in the refrigerator , in a closed container, for a maximum of three days.
Lirene, new products in body and face care
What home masks do you recommend for spring?