Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for you for delicious Christmas sweets: Millet cake, a vegan cake with dried fruits and nuts.
Also perfect for everyday use, for coffee and for unannounced guests. Making a cake is simple and takes little time. We can bake them with any dried fruit, the more the better! Or translate it with apple mass to make it a little creamier. This dish, if you believe the superstitions, is perfect for a Christmas party in the family circle, because millet is supposed to bring money to the household in the new year. So the cake is not only healthy and delicious, but also helpful 🙂 Feel free to read the recipe.
Millet cake (vegan)
- 1 cup of millet
- 1/3 cup of oatmeal
- 4 tbsp honey / agave syrup / malt
- approx. 2.5 glasses of water
- delicacies, at least a glass: almonds, raisins, dried apricots, plums, nuts, etc.
Apple mass to be translated:
- 3 apples
- Orange peel
First, we prepare and measure the ingredients. Boil the groats in 2 cups of honey supplemented with water. (We cook it on a small gas, covered, without stirring for about 15 minutes, until the water is completely absorbed.)
Next, we cut the dried fruit and nuts into small cubes and coat them in flour. add to the mass, add oatmeal and mix thoroughly. If it is not sweet enough, add a little more sweetener.
We line the cake tin with parchment paper and pour out the ready-made mass.
The finished mass can also be translated with a mousse. You can use apple puree from a jar or jam or marmalade. Or we put a layer of peeled and finely grated apples mixed with cinnamon and orange peel. Knead everything lightly. Bake for 30-40 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Finished! The dough is good for 2-3 days when it dries a little.
- The more dried fruits, the better, at least a glass, preferably nuts, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- To emphasize the sweetness of the dough, add a pinch of salt or more malt.
- The dough should be low so that it can be cut into rectangles. Therefore, it requires a narrow, long form, keksówki – it can be one for gingerbread or pates.
See also: Vegan oatmeal cookies with cranberry and coconut
Are you tempted to have a Christmas dessert? Enjoy your meal!