Hey guys! The season for young vegetables is in full swing, but not all of us know how to cook broad beans. So today I have a recipe for you for healthy broad beans with herbs from a pan, in Provencal.
This is a really simple recipe that will surely appeal to everyone. Especially when it’s warm and smells like the whole house. The perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Additionally, young beans do not have to be peeled, and it is not even advisable – they are soft and very healthy. We only peel old vegetables.
The dish is made quickly and always comes out, satiates you for a long time and maintains a constant blood sugar level. Are you curious about the recipe? Invite!
How to cook broad beans? Provencal beans recipe
- a bag of young broad beans
- organic vegetable broth
- two cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- pepper and salt
- Provencal herbs (can be dried)
Time required: 25 min ..
- Washing vegetables.At the beginning, of course, washing. Wash the beans under running water in a strainer, leave to drain.
- Then boil the water with the broth.A little, just enough to cover the vegetables.
- We put the broad beans in boiling water.We reduce gas. Cook, covered, until completely soft – until the skin starts to peel off and the beans float up a little. Drain the broad beans again in a strainer.
- Fry.Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add finely chopped garlic, fry for a while, stirring, add the rest of the spices and fry again, stirring all the time over low heat.
- Put the well drained broad beans into the oil.Put the broad beans in the sauce made of olive oil and vegetables, heat it for a while, stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The dish is now ready.Fast and simple right?
Young beans can be served with bread, pita bread or other toppings or eaten as an addition to the main dinner course.
But it’s best to serve it straight away, when it is warm and fragrant.
I eat it with the skin on, young beans do not need to be peeled, and it is not even advisable because of the vitamins hidden in it.
See also: Slimming cocktail “Raspberry Summer”
Do you like this recipe? Doesn’t it look delicious? Enjoy your meal!