Hey, dear friends! Today I have another recipe for you for delicious keto dishes, bone broth, keto carnivore, better than collagen broth. A simple recipe with apple cider vinegar. In the States, it’s called bone broth and is the most popular broth recipe, especially for beginners!
It provides a lot of minerals and electrolytes, prevents muscle cramps and dehydration that make us so miserable on keto adaptation. Anyway, I recommend it on any diet-it’s a no waste recipe, delicious and very healthy. Here’s a simple recipe for bone broth with apple cider vinegar:
Ingredients for keto carnivore bone broth:
- 1-2 kg of bones (preferably meaty bones, such as fibula bones, leftover chicken bones or pork tubes)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Herbs and spices, such as bay leaf, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper to taste
- Water to cover the bones
- Preparing the bones: Place the bones in a large pot.
- Add apple cider vinegar: Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the pot. The apple cider vinegar will help extract nutrients from the bones.
- Fill with water: Pour water over the bones so that they are thoroughly covered. Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook: Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for a long time. You can cook it for up to 12-24 hours.
- Remove the foam: During cooking, foam will appear on the surface of the broth. Skim it off with a spoon to get a clear broth.
- Strain the broth: Once the broth is cooked, strain it through a sieve or thick strainer to separate the bones from the liquid.
- Season: Add salt and pepper to taste. You can also season the broth with additional herbs and spices to your liking.
- Refrigeration and storage: Allow the broth to cool, pour into jars and then store in the refrigerator. The bouillon may gell in refrigeration, which is a natural effect of the presence of gelatin.
This recipe for bone broth without added vegetables will provide a rich source of nutrients, especially collagen. You can drink it from a cup, treat it like a soup with meat use it as a base for various dishes such as soups, sauces or cooked dishes.
I collect each bone from dinner and store it in the freezer to use at a time later.
Are you tempted? Enjoy!