Hello, dear friends! Today I have for you a recipe for Keto buns made from seeds, or ketogenic bread. I’ve been missing this traditional breakfast and dinner dish for a long time on the keto diet, but fortunately, everything can be made with inexpensive flaxseed.
Keto buns with flaxseed have a crispy crust and no egg feel. They are perfect for burgers or breakfasts. They are simple to prepare and can be frozen. Discover a simple recipe for bread almost without carbohydrates!
keto bread Buns made from flaxseeds | keto simple and fast
- a cup of ground flaxseed or flaxseed flour
- 50 g cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of egg plant husks
- 150 ml of warm water
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- sesame or chia seeds to sprinkle on top
- Pour the ground flaxseed/flax flour, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, egg plant husks, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mix by hand.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the water to them, pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix well with a spoon. Set aside for a few minutes to swell.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (heat plus thermo).
- Form small, flat rolls and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool down.
- Baked rolls are good to cool on a griddle.
The rolls are slightly moist inside, so it is better to store them in the refrigerator or freeze some of them. They are great for thawing in the toaster, toaster oven and in the pan. They are delicious!
Buns are a great addition to sandwiches, a base for toast and casseroles. Eat them hot or cold: you can reheat them in a skillet with cheese or treat them as a bottom for mini pizzas.
Would you try the delicious ketogenic rolls?