Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for you to make delicious pastries – green celery and pumpkin seed bread paste.
Free from meat, but rich in healthy fats, fibers and vitamins. Perfect for spreading on bread as well as roasting dinner. It has a very interesting, dry taste, I feel proud! It tastes good for my whole family and for children who can’t believe it’s made of vegetables. Making such a pate is simple and also takes little time. I invite you to the recipe.
Celery and pumpkin seed pate, bread paste
Type of diet: vegan, vegetarian, LCHF, keto, fit
Ingredients for vegan celery pate:
- root celery (larger piece)
- 3/4 cup of shelled pumpkin seeds
- two onions
- bread crumbs / linseed
- salt pepper
Time required: 1 hour ..
We have to start making the pate recipe the day before, because we need previously soaked pumpkin seeds.
- Pour hot water over the pumpkin seeds for a few hours and cover.Or you can leave it overnight and make the recipe in the morning.
- Peel the celery and cook it in broth or salted water.Boil so that the water covers the tuber, then cool.
- Fry the onion in butter, add the drained pumpkin and blend it with the celery until smooth.The mass for the pate does not have to be perfectly firm. If it is too runny, add bread roll, seeds, chia seeds or other dry ingredients.
- Season to taste and bake in the oven.Bake for 20 minutes at about 180 degrees.
Tips and Notes bread paste:
The pate is not raw, you can take it out when it is a little browned and browned. And even eat without baking, like paste! It is important that the whole is compact and that it is easy to spread the bread. some people thicken it with flour and cut the pate into slices, e.g. for dinner.
Are you tempted to buy pumpkin bread spread? Enjoy your meal!