Hello, darlings! Today I have for you the simplest possible recipe for keto skewers for the grill and oven, a simple and quick dish that can be very tasty, and how colorful and effective!
It’s just important to choose the right ingredients and keep your carbohydrate intake in moderation. Suitable meat for keto skewers is meat with a higher fat content, such as rib eye steak, pork cuts or chicken meat with the skin on. We add to them vegetables with a lower carbohydrate content, such as zucchini, eggplant, peppers, asparagus. You can also add pickled mushrooms or onions. Here are some tips that will help you prepare delicious keto skewers, if you like them, please check out my post!
Keto grill, grill and oven skewers, recipe, how to make:
Keto barbecue skewers are a great choice for keto and carnivore diet lovers. Here are some ideas for what you can cook as keto barbecue skewers:
- Skewers with pieces of meat – choose fatty cuts of meat such as entrecote, roast beef or entrecote and cut them into pieces. Then put the meat on skewers and grill for a few minutes on each side. You can use bamboo or metal sticks. Brush them with olive oil, it will give extra flavor and avoid sticking to the grill.
- Sausage skewers – Choose a no-carb sausage like chorizo or jalapeno sausage. Cut it into pieces and put them on skewers. Grill for a few minutes on each side. I recommend a mix of various sausages with the addition of cold cuts and bacon, which add full flavor to our dish! They also go well with sliced onions and mustard.
- Skewers with pieces of chicken – choose the fatty parts of the meat, such as thighs or wings, and cut them into small pieces. Then thread the meat onto skewers, sprinkle with the chicken or barbecue spice mix and grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Skewers with pieces of vegetables – choose low-carb vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, broccoli or asparagus and cut them into square pieces. Then put the vegetables on skewers and grill for a few minutes on each side. At the end, sprinkle with spices, e.g. Italian mix and garlic, and or pour over the sauce of your choice. Pride!
- Skewers with meat and vegetables – combine any pieces of meat and vegetables on skewers. You can use pieces of meat, such as entrecote or sausage, or chicken, and even sausages. And vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, peppers and onions. Cut meat and vegetables into even pieces – it’s important that the pieces of meat and vegetables are reasonably the same size so that they grill evenly. Stuff them alternately with each other and brush with the olive oil marinade with spices.
- Skewers with shrimps or small fish – nothing stands in the way of going a little crazy. Thread skewers with precooked shrimp or small pieces of fish, or mix them with meat and vegetables. They taste and look phenomenal!
Keto Grilled Food, Notes:
Grill the skewers over medium heat as it is important not to grill them too quickly as the meat may burn and the vegetables will be undercooked. It is important to turn them often. To make skewers faster on the grill, you can wrap them in aluminum foil.
It is important to remember to add fat to meat and vegetables, e.g. by greasing the skewers with olive oil or butter. The olive oil will add extra flavor and prevent it from sticking to the grill.
Cut meat and vegetables into even pieces – it’s important that the pieces of meat and vegetables are reasonably the same size so that they grill evenly. Brush them with olive oil marinade with spices; grill mix, Italian herbs, garlic, curry. You can also prepare low-carb and high-fat sauces for skewers, such as garlic sauce, ranch sauce, and homemade sugar-free ketchup.
Will you try? Enjoy your meal!