Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for you for healthy drinks: homemade dried fruit compote, no sugar and no harmful chemicals.
You surely know the taste of compote from your childhood, it was and still is a very popular addition to a traditional Polish dinner. Unfortunately, such a drink is a typical calorie bomb: sticky, too sweet, actually a syrup dissolved in water with overcooked fruit. That’s why I decided to share with you a recipe for a healthier version of this drink, i.e. sugar-free compote. We make this compote from dried fruit, so it is a perfect addition to our Christmas table on Christmas Eve. The smell and taste of spices will go well with Christmas dishes, and compote will be very useful for improving digestion, especially when we have eaten. However, this drink can be prepared all year round, even in summer from seasonal, fresh fruit – it becomes a delicious and healthy lemonade with a very interesting, sweet taste, which can be served to guests on hot days, with ice cubes. Pride!
Compote is sweet enough without sugar, there is really no shortage of it and we do not need to add any substitutes for sweetening. The recipe is simple and very quick to make, surely everyone already knows how to make it, but maybe not the delicious one that guests stay with me not only on holidays. Check out my recipe for dried compote, not only for the table on Christmas Eve!
Recipe for dried fruit compote, no sugar
- half a cup of dried apples
- half a cup of dried pears
- half a cup of dried, smoky plums
- cinnamon stick
- vanilla pod
- cloves and other spices as desired
Time required: 20 min ..
Dried fruit compote recipe
- We cut the fruit.Cut larger fruit and spices – cut the gourds in half lengthwise. We throw them into a larger pot and pour plenty of cold water.
- We set aside.We cover and set aside for at least a few hours, a day or even a day.
- Cooking.We put the pot on low heat and slowly cook it to boil. Then reduce the heat and cook for about 20 more minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Drain.Put the ready compote aside to cool slightly. You can strain the fruit, but some people like the compote with a few fruits on the bottom of the glass 🙂 Garnish with cinnamon sticks. Ready!
Compote from dried fruit – notes:
Ideally, they should be home-dried fruit, dried by own hands and not sulfurized, but they can also be bought from organic farms.
Do not throw the fruit from the compote, you can stuff them with pancakes, make toast mousse, etc.
The compote can be served hot, warmed up after a hearty meal, or cold to sip meals. In a carafe or in separate glasses, it always looks great! And it tastes delicious!
Hope you like this simple recipe! Asia