Hi! I come to you today with another post about home cosmetics, this time it will be a hair mask with pumpkin, honey and fenugreek.
September is always a pumpkin season for me. I love making soup, pancakes and various preserves out of it, recipes for which you will surely find on the blog soon. But this vegetable is not only a great, healthy basis for autumn dishes, but also perfectly serves our beauty. We can make many home cosmetics from it, which will surely diversify our care and allow us to relax a bit in this unfavorable weather.
The pumpkin will also provide us and our skin with an injection of vitamins. It is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, selenium, copper and vitamins B1, B2, PP, A, E and C, of which the last three are the most important in skin care. The combination of vitamins A and E helps to maintain adequate skin moisture, fight the negative free radicals affecting it.
Such a homemade mask is a great cosmetic for our skin and hair. Today I recommend you my hair mask with pumpkin, honey, fenugreek and cream, which is a complete PEH care that provides us with all the ingredients we need. The mask is easy to make and inexpensive, you just need to mix the ingredients that you already have in the fridge and you can apply it to washed or dry hair. A homemade mask will perfectly nourish, moisturize and strengthen the strands, add shine and softness to them, and if you want to carry out a beauty treatment, if you are interested in my recipe for DIY cosmetics, read on!
Hair mask with pumpkin, honey and fenugreek – recipe how to make
- 2 tablespoons of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of cream (thick, min.12%)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin oil
- 1 teaspoon of argan or linseed oil
- 1 teaspoon of liquid honey
- a pinch of cinnamon and turmeric
- fenugreek or starch to thicken the mixture
Time required: 5 min ..
Hair mask with pumpkin, honey and fenugreek
- We measure out the ingredients in a bowl.Stir the pumpkin, add the oils and the rest of the ingredients, beat it thoroughly with a fork.
- We mix.We mix or blend as needed until the ingredients combine well. The consistency of the mask should be quite thick, otherwise it will run off the hair.
- We are waiting.We leave it to “bite” for about five minutes before applying it to the hair.
- Overlap.We put a DIY hair mask on a damp head and hair. We apply it to the entire length of the hair, preferably after cleansing.
- A warm compress.Wrap your hair in foil or under a cap for a maximum of twenty minutes, then rinse. We close the treatment with an emollient conditioner.
Pumpkin mask for hair-attention
After such a hair mask, I usually use a silicone serum on the ends of my hair to protect them from damage and add weight. sometimes I apply it before shampooing, on hair moistened with the hydrolate, and sometimes after cleansing shampooing. Mainly when the ends already have too much silicone serums and when I know that I will be washing my hair again soon, so I am not afraid of overloading. Remember that the high content of oils in this mask can give the effect of greasy strands, so you have to bear this in mind, or use this mask as a pre-poo before washing.
Pumpkin mask leaves hair shiny, nourished and soft. In addition, it is cheap, home-made and effective, so it is definitely worth a try. Just remember about an allergy test before applying it, for example on the wrist – as always with such natural plants.
Do you know such homemade potions ?