Hi! I come to you today with another post about DIY home cosmetics, this time it will be a DIY coffee body scrub. It has been my favorite cosmetic for a long time.
Perfectly helps with cellulite and smoothes the skin like no other ready-made cosmetic from store shelves. Recently, I have been buying ready-made sugar or salt scrubs so rarely, because we can easily and cheaply make a home-made one that really works great. And how much fun preparing homemade potions! I love creating different fragrances! And the kids also have a lot to do with it.
Such peeling is very cheap, or even costs nothing if you drink a lot of coffee at home. It is also simple to make, you just need to mix all the ingredients and we can apply it to damp skin. Coffee has been used in natural cosmetics for centuries, thanks to the content of polyphenols, caffeine and other beneficial ingredients. This coffee peeling smoothes the skin and firms it, and is an effective tool in the fight against cellulite. In addition, the wonderful smell of coffee with cinnamon will make every day more pleasant. I invite you to the rest of the post.
DIY body coffee peeling
- 3 tablespoons of fresh coffee grounds
- base oil, e.g. almond, olive oil – approx. spoon
- salt or sugar – approx. teaspoons
- cinnamon, cardamom- a pinch
- food fragrance oils: vanilla, orange or essential oils
- Preparation.Drain the coffee grounds in a strainer, wash and scald the container, e.g. after a shop peel or body cream.
- Choosing a fragrance.We prepare ingredients for the selected fragrance version, e.g. vanilla and orange or coffee with cinnamon.
- Mixing.Pour the coffee into the container and mix it vigorously with the oil until a compact, thick mass is obtained. Alternatively, thicken by sprinkling a smaller ingredient – salt or sugar.
- Additives.We add oils, extracts, spices and other selected additives, mix again.
- Putting down.Then put the peeling off for at least 15 minutes before washing it so that it chews. Ready!
Homemade coffee scrub – remarks:
Use essential oils carefully, 2-3 drops for the entire package of peeling is enough! The same with spices, a pinch is enough. They may cause redness or other skin reactions.
We can also add a little honey, olive oil, oil mix, vitamin E, aloe gel, cream to the mass. These ingredients will additionally nourish the skin.
Such a scrub can also be used on the scalp, but remember not to rub your hair too much and rinse it thoroughly with water.
And the most important:
The peeling will stay on the bathroom shelf for about a week , but then it may become moldy. It’s best to make small batches every now and then or keep it in the refrigerator.
Be sure to let us know if you have already used home coffee peeling and what its effects were! Asia