Hey guys! Today I have prepared another post for you about natural methods of hair dye care – a darkening hair rinse with 3 herbs, which dyes the hair brown.
The idea for this homemade recipe came to my mind when I saw a young walnut tree growing far from the road, near the forest. I remembered the recipe for a nut rinse, which I used quite often recently, but I did not really like the reddish brown color. However, I wanted to use this season for fresh leaves, so today I will try a rinse with other herbs: sage and nettle, which should deepen, cool and darken the color.
In addition, the nut has an astringent effect, has antibacterial and anti-dandruff properties and strengthens the bulbs. Sage is a soothing and anti-dandruff cannon, together with nettle should cool the color nicely and additionally enhance the beneficial effects of the rinse on the scalp. The herbal rinse is definitely one of the cheapest methods to strengthen our hair, known for a long time in the world of hair bloggers.
If you are interested in how the rinse of walnut leaves, sage and nettle worked for me in the form of a hair dye, I invite you to the rest of the post.
Darkening hair rinse with 3 herbs – how to do it?
- freshly picked, young leaves of walnut – a handful
- 2 tablespoons of dried loupes a bunch of fresh nettles
- 1 tablespoon of medical sage
- water and a pot, which we do not feel sorry for
Rinse the leaves of the herbs under running water, check if they are really healthy and there is nothing on them. Then pour water over them – just to cover them, cover the pot and turn on the burner. Bring the water to a boil and then cook it for another 10 minutes over low heat. Then we leave the rinse still to stretch. Just before use, we can remove the leaves, strain the decoction and dissolve it a little in water, preferably warm, you can use tap water.
Related: Walnut leaf rinse for hair | DIY
Hair rinse – how to use?
Time required: 10 minutes
- Hair cleansing: We wash our hair and apply any mask or conditioner.
- Turn to rinse: Rinse them with water and pour the rinse over your hair, preferably leaning over the bathtub and the bowl. We pour the collected liquid over the head using a smaller vessel, e.g. a cup.
- We rinse the hair in the decoction . It’s best to do this for at least 5-10 minutes, keeping the tips in the liquid.
- After rinsing: Do not rinse the hair, just wring it out of excess water and let it dry.
- Tip protection . You can use a bit of silicone serum or conditioner on the ends of the hair, as herbs like to dry them. Next time we wash our hair as usual.
Darkening hair rinse with 3 herbs – how did it work for me?
I have to admit that it was a successful experiment. My light brown hair with a reddish henna sheen has turned a bit darker, a brown color. It was less warm, chestnut. I liked the shine of the hair and the softness, I didn’t notice the dryness. The water was still dyed during the next wash, but the color did not argue for a long time.
Bottom line: Nevertheless, I find this experiment successful, and if I encounter a walnut tree again, I will certainly collect more leaves for testing.
Do you like such hair experiments? Ania