Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for you for delicious, not only Christmas sweets: Vegan Christmas cake, a traditional poppy seed cake with dried fruits and nuts.
It is also perfect for everyday coffee, as well as for unannounced guests. Making this tasty cake is simple and takes little time. We can bake them with any dried fruit, the more the better! Or pour chocolate glaze and sprinkle with almonds. This dish is dietary, fit and vegan, also perfect for a Christmas party with the family. So the cake is not only healthy and delicious, but also very easy to make. So, if I found you interested in the vegan christmas version of the traditional poppy seed cake, I cordially invite you to my recipe.
Vegan Christmas poppy seed cake – recipe, how to make
- 1 and 1/2 cups of poppy seeds / 500 g of ready-made poppy seeds
- 50 g of coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas
- 50 g of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or flavor
- 3 tablespoons of coconut shrims
- 3 tablespoons of ground almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruits
- 3/4 cup of cherries
- half a teaspoon of orange and almond flavor
Time required: 30 min ..
Vegan poppy seed cake
- Preparation of poppy seedsPour dry poppy seeds into a pot, add 2 cups of boiling water and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed. Grind twice in a small-mesh grinder or blend with a blender. Of course, you can also use ready-made poppy mass, which I recommend.
- MixingAdd melted coconut oil to the finished poppy or poppy seed mass and mix. Sprinkle the peeled bananas with lemon juice and blend with a blender, mix. Add coconut flakes, almonds, raisins, cherries, grated chocolate and fragrances. Mix all.
- TryingMix the mass thoroughly with a spatula and try, if necessary, sweeten and season.
- BakingThe bottom of the pan approx. 22 – 24 cm baking parchment paper, put the mass and put in the oven preheated to 180 ° C . Bake for about 40 minutes until the stick is dry. Cool and set aside, preferably overnight.
See also: Millet cake, a healthy cake perfect for Christmas
Vegan poppy seed Christmas cake – notes:
- The more dried fruits, the better, at least a glass, preferably nuts, almonds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- We add much more to the finished mass than to poppy seeds!
- To emphasize the sweetness of the dough, add a pinch of salt or more malt, honey, sugar, etc.
- The poppy seed cake can be poured with melted chocolate, icing or glaze or sprinkled with powdered sugar.
I hope you will be tempted by my vegan poppy seed cake! Enjoy your meal! Asia