Hi! Today I have a recipe for you delicious pies made of flowers- Elderberry flowers pancakes. This is a really easy to do recipe that will definitely please everyone and surprise guests!
During the walk, I saw these beautifully fragrant flowers and remembered that they are also edible, not just elderberry berries, known for the cold tinctures from our grandmothers. It’s wonderful that when wandering in the woods and meadows surrounding the city you can collect so many benefits and immediately make a healthy meal out of them: in pancake dough or as a vegetarian and compatible with a ketological, LCHF and low carbohydrate diet. Elderberry flowers pancakes are crunchy, fried flowers are sweet and delicious. I invite you to my recipe.
Recipe for Elderberry flowers pancakes
- Fresh lilac flowers, approx. 10 large inflorescences
- cream-1 tbsp
- 1 egg
- greasy curd cheese -1/4 cubes
- coconut flour – half a tablespoon
- erythritol to taste
- coconut oil for frying
- pinch of salt
Elderberry flowers pancakes- how to
Time needed: 30 min ..
Recipe for elderberry fritters.
- Spread the flowers on paper so that all the worms come out.Then wash them thoroughly and drain off the water.
- Now we are preparing a keto pancake cake with eggs, cream and flour.It should come out quite rare.
- Time for frying.Heat the oil in a frying pan, dip the flowers one by one in the dough and drain for a few seconds. One by one, fry for a moment on each side. Fry for a few minutes.
When the flowers are golden brown, it is a sign that they are ready.
We drain them thoroughly on a paper towel. My suggestion of serving is cream for pouring and erythrole to sprinkle dishes on top.
You can also do as I do here, i.e. mix the flowers and dough cut off from the stems and create round fritters from dough and flowers – they are easier to fry and rotate, require less fat.
You can also make fritters in a more fit instead of ketological version and fry them in a simple pancake dough, as in the acacia fritters recipe:
Do you like this recipe? It’s true that flowers look appetizing? I hope you try to make them. Enjoy your meal!