Hi! I come to you today with another post about home cosmetics, this time it will be a homemade hair mask made of yolk, castor oil and honey .
Such a homemade mixture is easy to make and inexpensive, you just need to mix the ingredients that you already have in the fridge and you can apply it to washed or dry hair. The homemade mask will perfectly nourish, moisturize and strengthen the strands, add shine and softness to them, and it will work well when we want to carry out a care treatment. We don’t even have to worry about the PEH balance – this home cosmetic provides everything our hair needs.
The recipe was inspired by a very nice reader Olga who asked me a question about the sense of using this type of mask on damaged hair.
However, I decided to make my own recipe and test it well, thanks to which you will have a proven recipe for a homemade yolk hair mask that will surely be effective and healthy for your hair. If you are interested in the recipe, read on!
Hair mask with yolk and castor oil – ingredients
The basis for the implementation of this type of PEH masks is a thick conditioner or a hair mask that is completely emollient , without the addition of silicones or other substances that weigh down the hair. The best is cheap, with a simple composition and high capacity, e.g. Kallos Color, Kallos Avocado, Love Beauty & Planet, Vatika hair mask with black cumin. What else do we need?
- the yolk acts like a protein mask on the hair, sticks, thickens, nourishes and stimulates hair growth
- Castor oil – nourishes hair bulbs and hair, adds shine
- Honey – moisturizes dry hair, stiffens and nourishes
Homemade hair mask from yolk and ricin: recipe, how to make
- a teaspoon of olive oil / coconut oil
- a teaspoon of castor oil
- half a teaspoon of honey / sugar / syrup
- half a teaspoon of aloe vera juice / gel
- possibly a spoonful of conditioner with a good composition
Time required: 30 min ..
Recipe for a homemade hair mask made of yolk and ricin.
- We measure out the ingredients in a bowl.Pound the egg yolk, add the oils and mix thoroughly – beat with a fork.
- We add the conditioner with the rest of the ingredients.We mix until they blend well. The consistency of the mask should be quite thick, otherwise it will run off the hair. We leave it “to eat” for five minutes before applying.
- We put a homemade yolk mask on a damp head.We apply it to the entire length of the hair, preferably after washing the hair.
- We wrap the hair in foil or under a cap for a maximum of twenty minutes.After which we rinse. We close the care with an emollient conditioner. The next wash should also be oil, because we do not want to overdo it with proteins.
After such a yolk and ricin hair mask, I usually use a silicone serum on the ends of the hair to protect them from damage and add weight. The mask leaves the hair shiny, nourished and soft. In addition, it is cheap, home-made and effective, so it is definitely worth a try.
Do you know such homemade potions ?