Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for DIY potions for you – home hair mask with keratin, black cumin, argan oil and grape.
It is a protein-emollient mask that I came up with during my last hair oiling treatment. It is a way of tuning that instantly improves the nourishing effect of the mask and its smoothing and nourishing properties. It also helps to use it up faster. If you are interested in what my DIY mask recipe looks like, check out my post.
Keratin hair mask – how to make
As my base, I used a black cumin mask (Dabur, Vatika, Black Seed, Deep Conditioning Hair Mask – Intensively regenerating mask for all hair types with black cumin) which for me is an irreplaceable multi-functional conditioner, perfect for creating my own mixtures and mixing, and also irreplaceable for washing hair.
Hydrolysed keratin – is a fibrous protein of the epidermis and its products such as hair and nails. It strengthens and regenerates the structure of damaged hair, restoring its shine and healthy appearance. Maintains the proper level of hydration.
Grape seed extract – is a source of natural antioxidants, has local anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and moisturizing properties. Until now, I used it mainly on the skin of the face, but because I read that it also has a good effect on the hair – moisturizes, nourishes and above all – stimulates anagen of the hair follicles and stimulates the formation of new hair follicle cells (hair growth and regrowth), I also decided to use it it to the recipe for a scalp lotion to accelerate hair growth (recipe soon) and a mask for moisturizing and restoring the length of the hair.
Argan oil – naturally moisturizes the hair, thanks to the presence of vitamin E and fatty acids, it regenerates them after hairdressing treatments, prevents frizz and split ends, strengthens them and prevents hair loss, gives softness and shine.
Hair mask with keratin, argan and black cumin – how to make and use?
- A tablespoon of Vatika base hair mask
- 1 ml of red grape seed extract
- 10 drops of good quality argan oil
- 5 drops of hydrolyzed keratin
Time required: 10 min ..
- We prepare the necessary ingredients.Mask, oil, extracts, additionally a bowl and a spoon.
- We measure.Dissolve the grape extract in a few drops of water, add the rest of the additives.
- We mix to combine the ingredients.
- We add to the hair mask.We mix everything thoroughly just before applying it to the hair.
- We wash our hair with a cleansing shampoo.Drain the water gently with a towel.
- We put on the mask.The mixture is best massaged with your fingers into the scalp and the length of freshly washed hair.
- Cap.Then we wrap the hair with foil and / or a shower cap so that the heat helps the mask work even better.
- We are waiting.We keep the mask on the head for about 20 minutes, not longer.
- rinseWe rinse with heat, then with cooler water.
- Closing the care.We close the treatment with proteins with an emollient mask, without or with the addition of silicones. You can put it on your hair.
We do not store the remnants of the keratin mask for more than a few hours, it is better to apply more of it to the hair if we have too much or freeze the remnants for future washing. Or we can use it together with the addition of clay as a face mask or as a deeply nourishing mask for hands and nails.
We use the mask once a week or every few washes to keep the pEH balance in our care.
Related: PEH homemade hair mask: with henna and aloe
Keratin can be purchased at online intermediates stores.
As a base conditioner, you can use any emollient mask without adherents and silicones, e.g. Kallos Color, Gloria, Hegron, Russian etc.
Will you try my recipe for a homemade keratin mask?