Hey guys! Today I have prepared another post for you about natural methods of hair care – beer rinse for beautiful shine and stopping hair loss.
This is another very popular method of hair care from the blogosphere of hair maniacs, which has been known and used for centuries in natural care. After all, beer contains a lot of valuable vitamins and minerals, it works similarly to an infusion of hop cones, but much more effectively. After using such a natural rinse, your hair will be strengthened, soft, full of life and volume, and beautifully shine. It is interesting that, depending on the proportions, the beer can emphasize the curl of the curls or leave them a bit stiff – after all, it used to be used to make homemade hairspray. If you straighten or wave your hair, you will surely like this effect. On the other hand, you do not have to worry about drying out from alcohol or a typical scent floating around us like temporary perfumes.
I was very interested in this method a few years ago and I tried a beer rinse when an unnecessary bottle was found in my house. So I decided to make good use of this case. I did my rinse tests and if you are interested in what this treatment is and how to do it for the beauty of our hair, please read on.
Why do we use beer on hair?
Beer is not only a drink with a taste, but also has a positive nutritional and health effect. Among alcoholic beverages, only beer has a high vitamin content, above all rich in B vitamins, such as niacin, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
This beer is also rich in potassium, but low in sodium, it has significant amounts of magnesium and some silicon and selenium. As you can see, it is worth drinking a glass of this refreshing drink for the health of our bones and kidneys. But it is also worth using it for the natural care of our hair.
How does it work for hair?
After using such a natural rinse, at the end of washing, your hair will be strengthened, soft, full of volume and beautifully shine. It will also help to reduce the rapid oily scalp. It is interesting that, depending on the proportions, the beer can emphasize the curl of the curls or leave them a bit stiff – after all, it used to be used to make homemade hairspray. If you straighten or wave your hair, you will surely like this effect. On the other hand, you do not have to worry about drying out from alcohol or a typical smell floating around us like temporary perfumes.
Recipe for a beer rinse for hair
- 1 liter of boiled and cooled water
- 1 good quality beer, preferably light
Time required: 10 min ..
- Preparation of ingredients .We need a bowl, a mug, and of course – water and beer. The water must be boiled beforehand. Leave to cool down.
- We open the beer.Open the can and pour it into a container with a large opening to let it degass – in a jar, bowl, etc. Let it stand for a few hours, it will be ready when bubbles disappear from the bottom.
- We wash our hair as usual.We use the rinse for the last rinse. We mix the beer in a bowl with water, in the proportion we like, the maximum concentration is 1: 2, i.e. 0.5 liters of beer per 1 liter of water.
- Rinse the hairUse the rinse right after washing your hair. Pour the cup over your head and dip your hair in the bowl several times. We end up with rinsing with cold water. We arrange as usual.
Related: Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse | DIY no waste
Beer rinse – notes:
It is worth using a opened and forgotten bottle of beer for this procedure, which can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator until you wash your hair.
Before using the rinse, it is good to moisturize the hair a lot to avoid drying it out. If we gas the beer well and stick to the proportions, and the hair keeps the PEH balance, it certainly won’t be a problem.
The smell of beer disappears completely when mixing with water, but as always, I recommend that you rinse the hair end with a cool tap. It will also prevent your hair from becoming stiff after a rinse.
Have you already used such a rinse? Ania