Hi, folks! Today I have another delicious and healthy recipe for you – vegan eggs, a recipe for a healthy and colorful appetizer that will work not only at Easter, when we want to replace the eggs on a traditional, festive table with something. We can prepare it for any occasion, such as parties and events, and of course, a healthy, everyday meal with your loved ones.
Rice eggs can be served as an appetizer, as an addition to breakfast or dinner with vegan mayonnaise, as an addition to salads and other delicacies from a cold plate. Such vegan agar eggs do not fall apart and thanks to the colored yolk they look very natural, so they always make a brilliant effect on my guests. The dish with their addition is very colorful, looks delicious and tastes the same, I assure you! I prepare them every year for Easter as stuffed eggs in a variety of colors and flavors, and everyone praised them every time. Such eggs are rich in protein and vitamins, and they are warm, soft and delicious! And at the same time so simple and quick to prepare. Check out my recipe for healthy vegan eggs.
Recipe for vegan rice eggs
- 300 ml of soy milk – no sugar, preferably with calcium
- 4 teaspoons agar agar powder
- about half a cup of boiled rice
- soft tofu feta
- salt, pepper, black salt
Time needed: 18 minutes.
Recipe for vegan eggs
- We cook the rice.Boil the rice in water or better in milk, overcook it and leave it without draining until it thickens. Then it can be strained and ground for better sticking to the eggs.
- Preparation of milk.Mix the measured milk and pour it into the pot. Add agar, mix with a large spoon and bring to the boil. Cook together for about 3 minutes, stirring gently and remove from heat.
- Mixing.Leave the milk aside until it cools down. When it is still warm and thickens a bit, add the overcooked rice. Usually I grind it with a blender together with the mass, but not necessarily.
- Forms.Put the mass into oblong egg-shaped molds, put balls in the middle, for example, rolled from foil, which will form a hole for the “yolk”.
- Finish.Leave the eggs to cool and thicken. Can be put in the fridge. During this time, we prepare a mass of mixed tofu with turmeric, black salt and spices.
- Ready.Then we take the eggs carefully from the molds and fill the holes with our yolk. We will leave it in the refrigerator for a while. Ready!
Put the mass into oblong or round molds resembling the shape of half-cut eggs, you can buy them online or make them from plastic molds for e.g. kinder suprise or use different cookie cutters or shape aluminum foil. In the center of the mass we put balls, eg marble, toys or rolled foil, which will form a hole for the “yolk”.
Will you be tempted by such a vegan dish? Enjoy your meal!