Hey guys! Today I have a recipe for you for a delicious homemade vegan mayonnaise. It will definitely be tastier and healthier than the store products – although vegan, they are based on refined rapeseed or soybean oils and with the addition of vinegar and sugar.
However, you can make this homemade mayonnaise every day, it is delicious with vegan eggs as a side dish and for sandwiches or salads – in my kitchen it has been very useful recently. Especially since I have not eaten any mayonnaise for years and I had tastes – the fear of fats that the media and nutritionists instill in us! This one also does not contain vinegar, because not everyone can tolerate it – we will use lemon juice as an acidifier, or apple cider vinegar if you prefer.
Homemade mayonnaise in olive oil is healthy if you use it in moderation, of course. Moreover, it is cheap and does not break down quickly. Mine has been in the refrigerator for a week and I have not seen any signs of deterioration. It’s quick and easy to make, so I highly recommend it and will definitely not buy any chemical, unhealthy sauce from the store. Check out my vegan homemade mayonnaise recipe!
Recipe for homemade vegan mayonnaise
- half a cup of soy milk (no sugar, with added calcium),
- 2/3 cup canola oil or good olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of regular mustard
- lemon juice -approx. 4 tbsp
- a pinch of salt, pepper, turmeric or curry
Note: All ingredients should be at the same room temperature. One or two hours before making your recipe, take the ingredients out of the refrigerator. This is the most common mistake in making this sauce that makes the homemade sauce brew.
Time required: 20 min ..
vegan, egg-free, soy, vegetable mayonnaise
- Preparation of ingredients.Prepare a blender and a clean, scalded jar. The milk should be shaken before measuring into a glass. We also measure the oil. We squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mixing.First, blend the soy milk with lemon juice for a few minutes until it foams. Then add the mustard, salt and spices and mix again.
- Time for oil / olive oil.Finally, add the olive oil. Pour a tiny stream into the bowl, gradually, you can also drop it, further blending the mass at low speed. When the mayonnaise starts to thicken, keep stirring for a few more minutes.
- Seasoning.Do a density and taste test, add spices, and if the mass is too thin, add more oil. Remember that it will thicken a little more afterwards! When the sauce is ready, transfer the homemade mayonnaise to the scalded jar. Store in the refrigerator.
Vegan homemade mayo- how to eat?
However, you can make this homemade mayonnaise every day, it is delicious with vegan eggs as an appetizer. It is perfect for salads, sandwiches and other cold dishes, it has been very useful recently in my kitchen. It can stay in the refrigerator for a long time, because it does not contain, so it will not spoil that quickly. You can make other sauces based on it, e.g. garlic, tzaziki, add to cucumber salad, etc., or eat it with fries or fried vegetables. It is always delicious, healthy and homemade!
Will you be tempted by such a delicious mayonnaise? Enjoy your meal!