Hey guys! Today I have another recipe for you for delicious no-bake cookies: cartoons, or sweet Vegan balls. These sweets are perfect for coffee and for unannounced guests, and their preparation is simple and takes little time.
When I was a kid, we used to call such fairy balls, but you can still buy them in many pastry shops under the name of potatoes. They are usually sold as one larger ball, covered with chocolate or coated in peanuts. They are delicious cookies and I have bought them a lot, but I recently found out that unfortunately they are made from leftover confectionery. So we do not know what exactly is there, what cakes, how many trance fats, eggs in biscuits, caps or even stale and dry leftovers … I admit that it spoiled my cravings for confectionery, instead, I looked for a recipe for a home-made, healthier version of potatoes, thanks to which we can still enjoy their taste without fear. The family members will surely eat a tasty dessert with taste. Will you be tempted by my healthy cookies?
Vegan balls – delicious cookies without baking
- piece of dough without adding bulk, may be dry
- a few biscuits or rice cakes, healthy cookies etc.
- a heaped tablespoon of plum jam or any jam
- 2-4 heaped teaspoons of plain cocoa
- possibly aroma for cakes: rum is the best
- nuts and dried fruits: nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, raisins, cranberries
- oatmeal and bran, muesli (fit version)
- for coating: coconut flakes, finely chopped nuts, cocoa, sesame, sunflower, linseed
Execution Vegan balls:
We prepare the dry ingredients first. We need to crush the dough and biscuits into smaller pieces, it is best to do it immediately in a bowl, with a spoon or with a pestle.
Now we add jam, cocoa, dried fruit and the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly, or you can add a little soy milk for consistency, and honey for better stickiness. You can also add sugar or other sweetener, if the mass is not good enough and a little flavor.
The dough should be chocolate-flavored and thick, easy to shape. If you feel too jammed, add more cocoa.
Then we form small or large balls and coat them in coconut flakes or finely chopped nuts. You can also coat them in a chocolate coating or even in sesame, like I did in the ones in the picture, because I only had this at home.
Generally, they are leftover cookies, perfect for less waste and consuming unnecessary littering around the house.
And the taste – delicious, not worse than the buyers, and certainly much healthier!
- If the mass is too wet, add more cocoa or crushed biscuits. You can also put the bagels for a while in the freezer.
- If we want to store cookies, it is best to refrigerate them, but they will also be fine on the balcony. However, they should be covered so that they do not dry out. If, of course, any remain …
Will you be tempted? Enjoy your meal!